It is almost time! I can not believe after all the planning and saving and fundraising we are just about ready to go! I need to start this out with a shout out to all my family and friends who supported us financially. Randi and I are fully funded so that huge burden is gone. I know we would not be making this trip without your love and support so thank you so much. Each of you are a huge blessing in our lives, and we take your love along with us.
Right about now I am just a complete ball of emotions. I am anxious
about the packing and the trip, worried about leaving Hannah and Rob for
ten days, and beyond excited about what we will do once we get there. Ok,
so I am really just an OCD, twitchy, control freak mess. My list is long and it seems like every time I cross something off, I add something new. Not sure this is as productive as it is supposed to be. I also keep lifting my suitcase to try and determine if I am staying under the 50lb weight limit. This also might be more useful if I had something around 50lbs for me to compare it too. Randi is absolutely no help at all. Her contribution so far is to suggest all the things that could go wrong. This started with the plane crashing, and led to something about an alien attack in mid air. A creative child is not always a blessing.
There is a very special list now sitting on my coffee table. I won't be crossing anything off of it, and I can not even take credit, as I did not write it. It is a list of 44 names. They are the 44 children already signed up for VBS for this next week. Reading these precious names over and over is putting things in perspective, and I can not wait to put faces with each and every one of them.
Next time I check in here I will be one stamp greater in my passport. Thank you again for all of your prayers and support.
Matthew 28:18-20Jesus, undeterred,
went right ahead and gave his charge: "God authorized and commanded me
to commission you: Go out and train everyone you meet, far and near, in
this way of life, marking them by baptism in the threefold name: Father,
Son, and Holy Spirit. Then instruct them in the practice of all I have
commanded you. I'll be with you as you do this, day after day after day,
right up to the end of the age."
No comments:
Post a Comment